18.4.11

It's Coming Along

I have been making slow but steady progress on my monologue preparation since I last posted. I have read the play a few times now and have really tried to understand the story (it's a little complex). I have started breaking the monologue apart and separating the text in the way that I would speak it while paying attention to punctuation. I've also started developing my character analysis by giving the character a bit more of a background story as well as deciding what she wants in this particular moment. I'll need to go further into detail later, but I've got a good start. What I really need to get into now is the analysis of my character's relationship with her scene partner so that I can understand how she would be speaking to her in this moment. I will keep working slowly but surely; I like being able to work on this stuff while on a break from class because I can relax (i.e. stopping to eat food about 50 times a day...and possibly having a beer or seeing a friend) and have more fun with it rather than just worrying about getting it done.

I need to do a significant amount of written work for this monologue, but it's really starting to come along. When I've completed a first draft of everything, I will start rehearsing it and experimenting with it. We learn a lot of really neat exercises at school that are incredibly helpful for discovering new things (meanings, ways to perform, etc.) in a particular text and it's really fun to put them to use!

On another note, my dad and I are going to pick up our new Ford Explorer tomorrow! Well, it is new to us, but it is a used vehicle: 2007 Eddie Bauer Explorer, mint condition. He made a really good find and got a wicked deal on it. I'm excited to drive it! I'll post a picture once we have it in our driveway. ;)

6 comments:

Rosette ou Rosie, c'est pareil said...

You'll be just fine with the monologue, as always!
Tu excelles, Fifille, tu excelles!
Néanmoins, si tu as besoin d'aide, tu sais où me trouver... Au bureau en train de traduire ou au studio en train de répéter mes numéros de danse... Quel train de vie infernal on mène, toutes les deux, pas vrai? Ce n'est pas étonnant que ton père perde souvent la tête en tentant de nous suivre dans nos péripéties! :-0

Rosette ou Rosie, c'est pareil said...

I LOVE OUR NEW CAR! :D
And now, you get the Jeep back! Bonus! ;)

Rosette ou Rosie, c'est pareil said...

Comme promis, j'ai présenté ton blogue sur le mien. Va consulter mon dernier billet pour voir si tu aimes... J'ai même réussi à créer un lien, ce qui n'est pas trop mal pour la techno-nouille que je suis... ;)

JustCallMeGen said...

MERCI!! :D ♥

I LOVE OUR NEW CAR TOO! AH! Hopefully, dad lets me take it for a spin soon! ;)
I'm very happy to have the Jeep back at my disposal, though! I missed my Jeepy Jeep!

Je vais aussi te présenter sur mon blogue bientôt! ;)

Je t'aime gros!!

xoxox

Anonymous said...

Hello...Gen... :-)
I'm nanou, a friend of your délicious mother, but i don't speak English very well
Yiu're a nice, very nice daughter and Rosie loves you so much...
je vais découvrir ce joli blog et je viens de m'y abonner de suite

longue vie à lui et à très bientôt

coucou Rosie je suis là ...

Le factotum said...

Je vois que vous faites un super duo, toi et Rosie ...
Ouf, pauvre daddy !
J'aime l'expression , j'aime NOTRE nouvelle auto et MA jeep ...
Je vois que tu travailles fort Geneviève.
Je t'encourage à continuer.
Et cette nouvelle job ???