17.4.11

Farewell...

I woke up today feeling a little gloomy because of the weather, but I knew that the day would get better. I rolled out of bed and made myself a huge and delicious breakfast which consisted of 3 eggs, 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter, a bowl of cereal and a banana (I eat a lot. It's actually ridiculous). I felt much better after that - who wouldn't feel good after a breakfast like that?!

I hung out and relaxed a little bit and finally decided to get ready because I had a party to go to! I showered and did my hair and all of that fancy stuff, and hopped in the car to head to the party. The women in the tap company that I just recently left (What's On? Tap!) were having a goodbye party for myself and another member who is leaving. They are all so sweet and I will miss them very much. We had a really great time chatting and eating a lot of good food. The women who have young children brought all their babies and toddlers with them so, obviously, I spent a lot of time chasing them around the house and reading them stories. Kids tend to stick to me like glue for some reason - it's a good thing I love them! I will miss all of these women very much. I have spent 3 years with them and have learned so much from them. My current style of tap dancing as well as the accuracy of my technique is all thanks to this company. I am still in another professional company called Bringing Tap Back, whose artistic director is Everett Smith (So You Think You Can Dance Canada Season 2's top 4 finalist). His style is crazy and I have already learned so much within the short amount of time that I've spent in his company (I only joined the company this past August). After our big production in May, I will be leaving B.T.B. as well in order to be able to focus on school and possibly have a part-time job. I will miss being in both companies because I love being challenged and learning new things, but it doesn't mean that this is the end. Depending on what happens when I graduate from school, I may go back to the companies while I look for other jobs. They told me that I am welcome to return whenever I am ready and I would love to once I have more time!
Despite the fact that I will miss being a member of both companies, I am happy to be able to focus on this new chapter of my life, and to be able to devote all of my time and efforts to learning everything that I can in school. It is time to move on...but I will be back! ;)


[Edit, April 28th/2011]
Here is a photo of us ladies at the party... I find this one particularly beautiful as it really shows how close we are, despite the fact that we are missing a few members here.

2 comments:

Le factotum said...

Malgré le fait que tu quittes tes deux compagnies de dance, je ne crois pas que tu vas regretter le choix de retourner aux études.
Je te souhaite la chance de te trouver un emploi à temps partiel qui ne nuiront pas à tes nouveaux projets.

Rosette ou Rosie, c'est pareil said...

As I said, she`ll eat anything that is not nailed down!... ;)

Et je suis pleinement d'accord avec ton commentaire, Factotum : elle ne regrettera sûrement pas son choix, mais les deux compagnies de danse vont sûrement lui manquer...